Building Department

Every building (structural) permit application for work within the City of Sublimity should be submitted at City Hall. The first step is zoning approval at the City. Once that is complete, the City of Sublimity contracts with Marion County for plan review and inspections.

When you apply to build a residential structure, be ready to provide two (2) full sets of the following plans:

  • Site Plan
  • Floor Plan
  • Framing Cross Section
  • Elevations & Truss details
  • Foundation Plan

Commercial development requires three sets of plans, including the above information.

Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical permits for work in City limits may be obtained at Marion County Building Department at 5155 Silverton Rd NE, Salem, or online at the Oregon e-permitting website.

Special note: lawn irrigation systems require backflow prevention devices. A plumbing permit is required for installation. Per state law, the device must be inspected once a year. For more information about backflow devices, please call City Hall.